|The sea, the ships and the fresh sea wind are Helsinki to me.|
1. The Baltic Herring fair 5-11 October 2014 at the Market Square: it's a nice event even if you don't like the herrings :). It's very poular with us living in Helsinki. You can buy e.g. salted herring, dark bread from the archipelago and different kind of handicrafts.
2. Kiasma goes Taidehalli 10.10.-16.11.2014: the exposition is in the Taidehalli art museum presenting works from the Kiasma modern art collection. It's about challenging the conventional ideas of beauty.
3. Sibelius and the World of Art at the Ateneum art museum 17.10.2014-22.3.2015: the exposition explores our most famous composer's contacts with the art scene of his time. 2015 will be 150 years from his birth.
4. Roger Bernat (music by Igor Stravinsky, Pina Bausch choreagraphy) / FFF: Rite of Spring 24-26.10.2014 (24.10. in English) at the Kiasma Theatre. This is quite special as you can take part in the performance! The performance is suitable for audience over 14 years old.
5. The Snow Queen ballet by H.C Andersen at the Opera. Performances start on the 25th October 2014. It's suitable for children over six years old.